Friday, November 12, 2010

Props.

I've decided to post the making and development of my props to show the effort that has been put in, and what type of props i'll be using. I had a lot of fun in the making of these props. Here are some of my props and how I made them and how I will be using them:


My signs:
As I've mentioned before, I will use large signs as part of the comical effect of my music video, linking them intertextually to my music song lyrics. I used some simple cardboard, plain black poster paint and printed pictures of the directors Steven Spielberg and Quentin Tarantino to spell out and show the title "Kill The Director" and the bands name, "The Wombats". These resources came from my school's art room and could have been obtained readily. I hope that this will be effective, as the large black words stand out enough for a camera. As an added bonus, I created the words to look similar to my chosen font, and in that way the video will have a direct link to my album cover, creating authenticity. I hope this is something my audience will pick up when watching my music video and evaluating my album cover.




Soup:
As strange as it sounds, I will use soup in the lyric "I've met someone that makes me feel sea sick" with the intention of creating the soup to look like sick and to further link the lyrics to the music video, thus creating intertextuality. Once again, the soup/sick idea will be to create a comical effect to my music video, appealing to my teenage target audience with the comically gross effect it could create.

Guitar:
I'm not too sure if i'm using this prop yet, but its a definite possibility. The guitar will add to the music in the song (which is primarily made up of guitar beats) and also relate to the indie, teenage, target audience. From my knowledge, I know one of the actors I am using has a guitar (as does a relative of mine), and there would be a few to borrow from the music area of my school meaning guitars would be readily available. However, the guitars would run the risk of being damaged, and something so valuable would result in my paying out a lot to compensate the losses. Thats why most of my props so far have been simple, cheap and easily broken/thrown away. This will be something I will have to consider when deciding whether or not I use a guitar as a prop in my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment