Monday, November 8, 2010

Colour Scheme Feedback.

I wanted to explore whether or not the colour scheme idea (that being completely black and white with only one fundemental colour) was a good idea and whether or not my audience would prefer this idea over the ones of my general colour scheme ideas. I conducted a short survery in my class and will post the results as follows;


My bar chart was created using Microsoft Excel, I did not want to use the previous website as I wanted a more diverse range of software. As you can see, the black and white idea gained more popularity once i'd explained the kind of idea i'd be going with. Below is some feedback from my classmates;

Chris B - I really liked the idea of the black and white colour scheme with the one colour as, having watched Schindlers List, I saw for myself the impact it can create in any forms of media. However, it might be a challenge to keep the album cover looking interesting and alive.

Ashleigh - Though the idea of black and white being the central theme to the album cover sounds artistic, I much prefer the idea of colour because I think it will link much better to the theme of the music song and video, that being because its much more fun and upbeat. I also think if its colour it will attract an audience more.

Lance - The black and white colour scheme will work well in my opinion. This is because it seems to be more male targeted and therefore would suit the male target more. The colour schemes look good, but seem a bit too girly.

Jack - The colour schemes seem to me too bright and busy. I prefer the black and white idea much more as I think it will create an intense impact that will draw the reader in and it relates to the indie theme of The Wombats.

Rachel - I really like the idea of the Black and White theme because it seems alluring and a bit romantic, something that would suit well in terms of the theme of the music song and video.

Sarah - Personally, I am more of a colour person and because of this, I prefer the colour scheme. Though I do appreciate the effect of the black and white colour scheme, this is just a personal preference.

Amy P - Though the colour scheme seems interesting, my personal preference is the black and white scheme because it seems a classic technique that has worked for lots of other media mediums.

No comments:

Post a Comment