Monday, October 4, 2010

Further Ideas - Mind Map

To get into perspective the extras of my planning such as props, clothing and the validity of the actors, I decided to create a hand written mind-map with a series of my ideas. I scanned this onto my blogger in order to show the kinds of ideas for my planning at first hand. I will elaborate on these further.
Props - I'll be making an annotated sheet of lyrics later on containing further ideas of my props as I feel they are a fundemental part of both my video personally, and the theme I am pertaining to. The more props I can get, the more humourous I can allow my video to be, therefore to me, props are crucial. Aswell as this, I have opted for the idea of male orientated props such as footballs, and guitars to add to the music playing in the video. In this sense, I am further pertaining to the theme of my video.
Clothing - The clothing, simple enough, will be supplied by my actors as I want normal/average clothing to pertain to the socio-realism and themes of my video. However, another thought I had would be to feature my actors in formal clothing, to emphasise courtly love and romanticisim, thus making my video more comical. If my actors cannot supply this, I will have to find a way to supply it for them.
Actors/Extras - Once again I will elaborate further on my actors and extras by posting pictures of them. So far, I have delegated my three main actors; Tom Winship, Phil Hawkings and Jamie Clarke. These actors are all in the age range with experience in acting meaning they'll be more professional and more confident. I'll also employ extra's and back up plan actors in case for some reason the actors cannot make it.
Sound - I have opted for non diagetic, meaning my video will contain nothing but The Wombats' music. Upon this, the three main actors will main for socio-realism and comic effect.
Camera - My camera shots, at first thought, will vary to suit the light-heartedness of the video. I'll range them from everything between close-ups to extreme-long shots, giving a random and quirky feel to my video. However, during the filming process I cannot say I wont experiment and try new shots, so it is difficult to conclude indefinately what kind of shots I will be doing.
Main Themes of the Video - These are essentially the backbone of my entire video, and will be what I strive to accomplish throughout. However, like my camera shots, I cannot say whether or not i'll change the tone of the video. My main themes include: Socio-realism, Romance, "Angst" and Comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment